Last year I tried setting monthly blogging goals but I quickly realised that wasn’t a constructive way to do it. This was firstly because I struggled to pluck figures to aim towards without having a long enough time period to look at my growth average but also because I got so worked up having not achieved these goals by the end of the month. It boiled down to the monthly goals simply not being realistically achievable.
Seeing as it’s now January of the New Year, I thought I’d set myself some blogging goals that are more long term and less statistically fixed so that I can actually tick them off without stressing! I’ll probably review them halfway through the year and just before the end of the year.
- Get to 500 Bloglovin’ followers, 5000 Twitter followers and at least double my Instagram and Pinterest following
- Maintain a steady average monthly view count
- Publish three posts per week – IN PROGRESS!
- Schedule posts & social media statuses in advance
- More collaborations/ guest posts/ work with brands
- Pay for my own domain & customise my own theme
- Stick to a posting schedule! – IN PROGRESS!
- Get a new header designed by my fab blogger friend Kathy – COMPLETE!
- Take more good quality blog photographs – IN PROGRESS!
- Get vlogging!
- Meet up with some local bloggers like Emily, Alys, Nina and Elena
- Travel to an event
- Get a better computer!
- Take part in more blogger chats like #TheGirlGang, #zchat, #ltbloggers and #letmefemsplain
- Be braver with my content!
Do you have blogging or more general goals for 2016?
Did you meet your goals in 2015?
Let me know and leave me links in the comments below.