I was delighted to find out that the fabulous Victoria of VictoriaGiggles♥ had nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award. Thanks Victoria!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Include a link to their blog
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 facts about you
- Select 15 blogs / bloggers that you have recently discovered or follow regularly.
1. I speak about LGBTQIAP issues often, not just because discrimination is a topic that I’m passionate about but because I myself am not actually straight!
I am a pansexual woman. This means that I am attracted to people for who they are and not what gender they choose to identify as. I came out (albeit as bi) when I was fourteen years old and was lucky to have such an accepting family. Some people are unfortunately not so lucky to have that support.
If you are struggling with your sexuality, or want to know more about pansexuality, you can always leave me a comment or an email!
2. I can speak French and German.
Not fluently I might add. I studied both languages from Year 7 until the end of Sixth Form College and I have a GCSE and an A-Level in each. I hope to use this in the future, either as a part of my career or perhaps if I move abroad like I would like to, as a part of my personal life.
3. I started a Feminist Society at my university.
I’m not going to lie, it was a tough process. But somewhere between the bureaucracy and the complaints, I made a group of great friends from all walks of life who share the same beliefs as I do and who support and learn from one another.
4. I met Josh when I was dressed as a bunny.
Yep. It was fancy dress at a local club. Think Bridget Jones.
5. I am too scared to finish the first Bioshock game.
I am probably only ten minutes into the story but I keep getting too scared when the splicers come out and I keep having to turn it off. It’s quite embarassing really.
6. I am naturally ginger.
Not the gorgeous auburn ginger though. I don’t know as I’ll ever have the courage to take it back to its natural colour again. It’s a kind of strawberry blonde and I never liked it. I suppose it didn’t help that I was picked on at school for it either.
7. I love Studio Ghibli movies.
My favourites are Spirited Away, The Cat Returns, My Neighbour Totoro and Kiki’s Delivery Service. I love Ghibli because they teach the dark truths about the world and the people in it, but they do so using magic and monsters and friendship. It’s not all doom and gloom!
3. Rachel Anne Bee (illustrated teacup)
4. Claire (fineanddandy)
5. Rhiân (chapterandcircle)
6. Tara (by catstello)
7. Katherine (keffnote)
8. Vicki (victoriajanex)
9. Jemma (dorkface)
10. Heather (sugarpea)
11. Sophie (filthypaws&silkydrawers.)
12. Meg (a little twist of…)
13. Jess (JESMGIA)
14. Rachel (happy little syllables)
15. Beth (cowheartgirl)
Leave me links in the comments below.
I look forward to reading your facts!